Originally designed for metalworking, the drill press has become a standard fixture in a woodshop because it allows drilling clean and accurate small or large holes more safely.
Since all drill presses come with a cast iron machinist-oriented table, it is often too small for many woodworking operations. This type of table is not ideal for boring holes because it is easy to damage an expensive wood bit in the cast iron table top.
What is different in a woodshop is that one often needs to build an auxiliary table to support and stabilize long workpieces for complex or repetitive boring operations.
To fill this particular need, Centurion offers this professional-looking complementary auxiliary table with innovative features:
- Measuring 595mm (23-½”) x 395mm (15-½") x 25mm (1"), this robust table is made of MDF with smooth black laminated surface to prevent damage to the stock
- It is equipped with a 118mm (4-5/8") x 13mm (1/2") square sacrificial table insert to prevent damaging tools that can be replaced when necessary
- 2 aluminum T-tracks with measuring scales (Imp/Met) are incorporated to allow for fence adjustment and setting. They can also be used to secure and hold certain parts (through various hold down clamps) to prevent workpieces from climbing the drill bit
- It comes with a 610mm (24") long precise aluminum fence body with 305mm (12") x 55mm (2-1/4") x 20mm (3/4") independently adjustable fences and a 2-1/2"(63mm) dia dust spout
- This fence is a good helper because it keeps the workpiece from spinning and allows to align holes. It also includes a sliding flip stop with right and left measuring scales (Imp/Met) to facilitate repetitive and accurate cuts
- Weighing 9kg (20lb), it comes with knobs, ratchet handles and hardware for fixing to most rectangular cast iron tables. On some models, however, it may be necessary to use an intermediate part between the cast iron table and the auxiliary table to complete the installation.
Your drill press will look great!
Tip from the Boss: a simple V-through cut into a square piece of heavy stock (118mm (4-5/8") will keep round stock from rolling while being drilled
Over 70 years of Experience
Normand relies on a team of dynamic and experienced people ready to share their knowledge and experience with customers.
One Stop Shop
Normand offers a one stop counter concept where the customer can find the answer to all his needs for woodworking, from the large specialized corporation to the small cabinetmaker.
Normand continually invests in the training and development of its staff. The acquisition of modern management and information tools as well as their status update on an ongoing basis is part of our commitment to excellence.