A featherboard is a safety device used when working with stationary machines such as router table, table saw or bandsaw. It will hold the workpiece against the fence or the table and prevent dangerous kickbacks. It will not only improve the quality of cuts but it might save your fingers as well.
Traditionally, featherboards look and work approximately all in the same manner except that they have certain limits when a kickback happens. This revolutionary featherboard designed by BOW does not only look nice and simple but it is safer.
- Made of a 8"(200mm) long x 8-3/4"(220mm) wide x 3/4"(19mm) thick plastic frame, a high density hardened feather insert, two 4-3/4"(120mm) long x 3/4"(19mm) wide x 5/16"(8mm) thick aluminum track bars and two knurled knobs
- There is no need for a left and a right featherboard. It is reversible by simply flipping it over and reversing hardware. You can also use it in the horizontal and vertical position
- Its anti-kickback living hinge design dramatically reduces your risk of harm while maintaining amazing flexibility and feel. It provides an exceptional protection against kickback equivalent to 90 lbs (40kg) versus 15 lbs (7kg) for standard plastic featherboards
- Made of long lasting and wear resistant foam material, whatever the pressure you apply, they will allow smooth vibration free infeed without marring workpiece material like soft woods
- If you accidentally hit your blade or router bit with this featherboard it won't shatter or explode in your face. Moreover, you won't have to replace the entire featherboard but simply swap out the damaged feathers
FeatherPro redefines safety!
Over 70 years of Experience
Normand relies on a team of dynamic and experienced people ready to share their knowledge and experience with customers.
One Stop Shop
Normand offers a one stop counter concept where the customer can find the answer to all his needs for woodworking, from the large specialized corporation to the small cabinetmaker.
Normand continually invests in the training and development of its staff. The acquisition of modern management and information tools as well as their status update on an ongoing basis is part of our commitment to excellence.