When miters cuts are glued together, they tend to open at the tips because the end grain has been cut diagonally. There are a lot of ways to clamp miters and many different clamping devices currently exist on the market. But keep in mind that, despite what you are willing to spend for a precision clamp, a good miter joint always begins with an accurate cut. These little Mexican hat-shaped spring miter clamps are perfect for keeping the pressure on while gluing miters and are probably the cheapest way.
- One size fits all; whatever is the width, thickness, shape or angle of the material, they are quick and easy to set
- Each one has two sharp points aimed to pinch the join into perfect alignment
- They open up to 2" wide and they keep a strong pressure on the joint, forcing moisture to wick away
- Obviously, they will leave a small needle mark on the surface which can be filled and sanded very easily
- Pliers are available to make applying and removing spring clamps easy
- Starting set including 4 spring miter clamps and pliers
Big or little, joints will stay tight!
Over 70 years of Experience
Normand relies on a team of dynamic and experienced people ready to share their knowledge and experience with customers.
One Stop Shop
Normand offers a one stop counter concept where the customer can find the answer to all his needs for woodworking, from the large specialized corporation to the small cabinetmaker.
Normand continually invests in the training and development of its staff. The acquisition of modern management and information tools as well as their status update on an ongoing basis is part of our commitment to excellence.