5/8" Hollow Chisel Mortiser Steel City 40-510S1
Delivery & Returns
In cabinetmaking, there are several types of assembly and the mortise-tenon type is probably the best known and the most used. Among this type of assembly, the traditional square mortise-tenon is certainly the most popular because it has been proven and does not require any fancy equipment: a rule, a chisel, a mallet and time.
Of course, if you have no time left, a faster solution could be a tenoning jig on your table saw and a small benchtop mortiser. Steel City is offering its 5/8" hollow chisel mortiser for benchtop which will meet your needs and your budget.
- Motorized 1/2HP for operation on 110V, it is equipped with a Mini-Mag safety dust-resistant auto-lock switch
- Head, column, table and fence are massive cast-iron made for better vibration absorption
- Its base, which also serves as a table, measures 15-3/4"(40cm) wide x 17"(43cm) deep which gives the machine maximum stability
- The column has built-in dovetail slides that allow the head to slide with precision
- Moving the head is done using a long ambidextrous "L" lever with rubberized handle (left or right position)
- Robust rack-and-pinion gear drive along with damper cylinder ensure soft and controlled descent
- 2 stops allow you to adjust the plunge depth from 0 to 5"(130mm) deep
- The head has a 1/2"(13mm) capacity chuck which turns 1720 RPM
- Chisels are very easy to secure. 2 bushings to adapt 5/8" and 3/4" chisel shanks are included
- Machine comes with 4 chisel + bit sets for 1/4", 5/16", 3/8", 1/2" squares and a tool rack
- The table is equipped with a sliding fence with a 4"(100mm) built-in scale
- An easy to adjust sliding hold-down from 0 to 4"(100mm) is attached to the fence in order to prevent the workpiece from lifting off the table as the chisel withdraw from the hole
- 2 adjustable non marring rubber pressure rollers allow to press and hold the workpiece against the fence
- Also included: 2 telescopic table extensions which offers 35"(89cm) long bearing capacity and one adjustable stop (12"-30cm) that can be installed to the right or to the left
- Machine measures 24" high and weighs 110lbs (50kg)
An economic way to drill square holes!
Over 70 years of Experience
Normand relies on a team of dynamic and experienced people ready to share their knowledge and experience with customers.
One Stop Shop
Normand offers a one stop counter concept where the customer can find the answer to all his needs for woodworking, from the large specialized corporation to the small cabinetmaker.
Normand continually invests in the training and development of its staff. The acquisition of modern management and information tools as well as their status update on an ongoing basis is part of our commitment to excellence.