Sharpening is a problem for beginners and an art for accomplished cabinetmakers. It is a difficult skill to develop and first results are often frustrating. That’s why there are so many sharpening devices on the market to facilitate the task.
If you do not own a bench grinder, sooner or later, you will need one because time will come where you will need more than sharpening, you will need “grinding”. Most bench grinders run at 3450 RPM because they are made for general grinding tasks. For delicate grinding, a slow speed is required to avoid overheating the thin edge of the tool steel. Otherwise, if you over heat the steel, it will lose some of its hardness and then, the edge will be scrapped.
Steel City offers this 8” slow speed industrial bench grinder built to last. Its main feature is that it is equipped with a wheel balancer mechanism that provides optimum balancing of the wheels for less vibration.
The machine comes with:
- 3/4 HP – 110V (6 amp) induction motor running at 1725 RPM
- On/Off toggle switch with removable key
- 2 large adjustable tool rests with quick adjustment handle
- 2 adjustable spark arrestors
- 2 transparent eye shields
- Built-in dust extraction that includes 2 dust ports located on the rear inner side of each wheel guard and a compressed flexible hose with 2-3/8” dia(6cm) port to adapt to a dust extractor
- 2 grinding wheels 8” dia. x 1” wide x 5/8” hole, one coarse (36G) and one medium/fine (100G)
- 4 anti-vibration rubber pads
- 69"(175cm) long electric cord
- Dimensions: 19”(48cm) wide x 14”(35cm) deep x 13”(33cm) high
- Net weight: 64 lbs(29kg)
No more bouncing or vibrating, just smooth running!
Over 70 years of Experience
Normand relies on a team of dynamic and experienced people ready to share their knowledge and experience with customers.
One Stop Shop
Normand offers a one stop counter concept where the customer can find the answer to all his needs for woodworking, from the large specialized corporation to the small cabinetmaker.
Normand continually invests in the training and development of its staff. The acquisition of modern management and information tools as well as their status update on an ongoing basis is part of our commitment to excellence.