In the automotive sector, it is not uncommon to see two brands belonging to the same manufacturer targeting different market segments while sharing many similar processes and components (Honda/Acura, Nissan/Infiniti, Toyota/Lexus, etc.).
The same analogy also exists in cutting tools with Diablo®/Freud. While the Freud brand is rather associated with industrial uses, i.e. thicker carbide, wider kerf and more elaborate choice, the Diablo® brand is aimed mainly at contractors and remodelers as well as small workshops.
One thing is for sure, with Diablo®, you are sure to get your money's worth.
////////// ////////// //////////
In some projects, you occasionally may have to bore large holes. In most cases, one will use Forstner bits because they can bore precise holes at any angle. However, if your budget is limited and you have to drill straight holes, a fast and cost-effective way to proceed could be to use a hole saw (the scrap remains inside the cylinder).
This type of boring “bit” normally consists of an arbor with a threaded adapter in which a 1/4" dia pilot bit is inserted and to which is attached a cutting cylinder fitted with small teeth. Commonly used in construction by electricians and plumbers, it is often used for drilling locksets in doors.
The new Diablo hole saw line offers a broad range of saws that will allow drilling in various materials like wood, plastic, aluminum, steel, stainless steel and cast iron. Designed to deliver high performance, they combine many advantages and outstanding features:
- Made of bimetal steel which consists in high-speed steel tooth tips welded on a flexible alloy steel cylinder body
- Perma-Shield red coating that reduces friction and heat for longer life
- Aggressor variable tooth design that delivers easier and faster boring with less vibration
- 60mm (2-3/8") cutting depth that allows boring a 2"x4" in only one pass for increased productivity
- Tool free plug ejection that eliminates the hassle and danger of forcing plug out with a screwdriver. Just release & detach and push plug out with the bit.
- Individually packed, they are equipped with an adapter nut and they are available in different diameters from 5/8" up to 6"dia
- But its main feature is that only one mandrel fits all diameters (sold separately). It is equipped with the famous Snap Lock Plus™ system designed to simplify and accelerate the attachment process. Mandrel arbor is 3" long with 3/8" hex shank and allows to quickly fit a 1/4" dia pilot bit
Holes everywhere, except in your budget!
Tip from the Boss: to get a clean straight hole on both sides of the material, simply drill until the pilot bit has passed through the workpiece; then complete by changing side and lining the pilot bit in the same hole.
Over 70 years of Experience
Normand relies on a team of dynamic and experienced people ready to share their knowledge and experience with customers.
One Stop Shop
Normand offers a one stop counter concept where the customer can find the answer to all his needs for woodworking, from the large specialized corporation to the small cabinetmaker.
Normand continually invests in the training and development of its staff. The acquisition of modern management and information tools as well as their status update on an ongoing basis is part of our commitment to excellence.