Owning a woodshop may look like a dream come true for most woodworkers, but it is not necessarily a friendly environment. Sometimes one must work in a cloud of irritating dust made by routers (MDF) or sanders. You may often see sharp chips projected from the table saw, flying shards burst by the miter saw or abrasive particles thrown by the grinder. Even solvents and finishes generate their own toxic aroma.
In prevention, you can wear safety glasses to protect your eyes, a mask to protect your lungs and a face shield to protect your face, this last being almost essential when working on a the lathe because of the heavy flying wood chips shot towards the operator.
Trend has developed a fully protected air circulating face shield, the Airshield Pro, designed to protect the wearer from being struck by solid flying debris. It can also be used in other sectors like agriculture where solid particles affect breathing.
- Well balanced and comfortable, it provides extended coverage for the chin and the top of the head
- Size of the upper band ranges from 6-3/8" to 7-3/4"
- Size of the sideband ranges from 20-½" to 24-½"
- The polycarbonate flip-up visor has a high impact rating and meets ANSI Z87.1 norm
- It is equipped with twin fine dust filters (0.6 micron) which offers excellent protection from inhalation of harmful dust
- A built-in quiet fan (70dB) keeps a constant flow of filtered air across the face (filter efficiency is 98%). Airflow varies from 5.6 to 7.06 CFMAn 8 hour Ni-MH rechargeable battery is included and can be charged while in the unit. An audible low battery warning is included
- An 8 hour Ni-MH rechargeable battery is included and can be charged while in the unit. An audible low battery warning is included
- It has also attach points for ear muffs (optional)
- Weighing 2.2lbs, it comes in a storage bag with 2 filters, battery, charger, air flow indicator and 1 clear visor overlay
Excellent for the woodshop, but not for street protests!
Over 70 years of Experience
Normand relies on a team of dynamic and experienced people ready to share their knowledge and experience with customers.
One Stop Shop
Normand offers a one stop counter concept where the customer can find the answer to all his needs for woodworking, from the large specialized corporation to the small cabinetmaker.
Normand continually invests in the training and development of its staff. The acquisition of modern management and information tools as well as their status update on an ongoing basis is part of our commitment to excellence.