The drill press was primarily designed for metalworking and that’s the reason why its metal table is so small. Nowadays, the drill press is considered a basic machine in a workshop because of its ability to drill straight and accurate holes.
It is also a versatile machine because it can be fitted with many different jigs and templates. Not only will it allow drilling small and big holes, straight and at an angle, it will enable you to mortise and even sand as well.
Because of the lack of space, many people prefer bench top machines. With this Steel City 17" bench top drill press, you will get a powerful machine with an advantageous 17" drilling capacity diameter plus all of these features:
- Heavy cast iron construction. It is equipped with a powerful 3/4HP (12A) induction motor operating on 110V with integrated safety On-Off switch at the front with a large stop paddle that requires manual reset in case of power loss
- Total height is 41-¾"(1060mm). Its head is mounted on a 3-1/8"(80mm) dia. column that is fixed on a 11"(280mm) x 19-5/8"(500mm) pedestal
- The table measures 12”(300mm) x 12"(300mm) and has 4 slots for hold down attachments
- It tilts + or - 45° in front, swivels on itself and can also rotate 360° in order to offer more drilling capacity for end boring of long workpieces. A raising device offers 15"(380mm) height adjustment
- The spindle is equipped with high quality sealed ball bearings. Maximum distance between spindle and table is 18"(460mm). Distance between spindle and pedestal is 26"(660mm)
- 12 speeds are available from 340 to 2800 RPM and speed changes are quick and easy. Cast iron pulleys help to reduce vibration
- A 5/8"(16mm) key chuck capacity fits on the spindle through a #2MT tapered adaptor. The maximum boring stroke is 3-1/4"(83mm) and a depth stop is included allowing repetitive drilling
- Comes with a convenient drill chuck guard and a chuck key holder
- Weighs 170lb (77kg)
Much more accurate than a portable drill!
Over 70 years of Experience
Normand relies on a team of dynamic and experienced people ready to share their knowledge and experience with customers.
One Stop Shop
Normand offers a one stop counter concept where the customer can find the answer to all his needs for woodworking, from the large specialized corporation to the small cabinetmaker.
Normand continually invests in the training and development of its staff. The acquisition of modern management and information tools as well as their status update on an ongoing basis is part of our commitment to excellence.