Diamond is the hardest natural material and can cut any type of metal. Diamond does not replace traditional stones, sand paper or any other abrasives. It has its own place because of these advantages:
- Cuts up to 98% faster than traditional methods
- Cuts carbide and HS steel very quickly
- Remains flat and true
- Simple to use and easy to maintain
- Extremely durable
- Made of monocrystalline diamonds, Trend diamond slip stones are handmade
- One side : Coarse – 300 grit/50 micron for large stock removal on HS steel tools
- Other side: Fine – 600 grit/25 micron for general sharpening on carbide tools
Use and maintenance:
- The use of lapping fluid prevents the build-up of residue which occurs when sharpening. It is a petroleum base lubricant available in two sizes: TREDWSLF100 100 ml bottle and TREDWSLF100 250ml bottle. NB: Water based products must never be used on diamond products to prevent rusting and clogging.
- After use, spray diamond stone with TRECLEAN500 tool &bit cleaner. Allows grime to loosen and wipe dry with soft cloth
- When dry, rub the remaining grime with TREDWSCBA cleaning block. Similar to a pencil eraser, it will help to perfectly restore the surface of the stone and lengthen its life span.
- Then spread evenly a small amount of lapping fluid to both sides of the stone and store in a pouch.
Over 70 years of Experience
Normand relies on a team of dynamic and experienced people ready to share their knowledge and experience with customers.
One Stop Shop
Normand offers a one stop counter concept where the customer can find the answer to all his needs for woodworking, from the large specialized corporation to the small cabinetmaker.
Normand continually invests in the training and development of its staff. The acquisition of modern management and information tools as well as their status update on an ongoing basis is part of our commitment to excellence.